Raking Leafs

Mixing metaphors and casting cliches about hockey and the Maple Leafs for the ether's pleasure since MCMLXVII.

3/05/2006

Open Letter

You’ve got deep problems with this Club. You know it, I know it, and most Leafs fans know it. Do the right thing. Show leadership, make the tough decisions and the subsequent changes as are clearly needed, and at least try to build for the future at the trade deadline. Obviously making the playoffs are next to impossible with the Club in its current state. Save face for the organization and rid the non-contributers and show the fans that you have the balls to build a young team that will strive in future years.
Rick Couchman,
TMLfans.ca Senior Publisher

2 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger kyle said…

    Hallelujah!! Reading Ferguson's commments in today's Star ("Leafs plan to stay the course") however, does not instill confidence that he'll take your words to heart.

    Money quote:

    Ferguson said the Leafs could not be categorized as "buyers" or "sellers" on Thursday and that the team's "overall strategy has not been impacted" by its place in the standings.

    I'm at the 'don't know whether to laugh or cry' stage when it comes to the Leafs this season.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger mike said…

    kyle, I can't take credit for the letter, but I've been thinking along those lines for a while now. I'd say that even before the season started I was counting the team out, but I did foster some confidence after the decent start, so I can't and don't want to be part of the 'I told you so' crowd.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home