Raking Leafs

Mixing metaphors and casting cliches about hockey and the Maple Leafs for the ether's pleasure since MCMLXVII.

7/03/2008

+ & -

2006-07 Toronto Maple Leafs

- Darcy Tucker
- Andrew Raycroft
- Kyle Wellwood
- Andrew Woznewski
- John Pohl
- Bryan McCabe?
- Pavel Kubina?
- Mats Sundin?
- Various Draft Picks

+ Niklas Hagman
+ Jeff Finger
+ Mikhail Grabovaski
+ Jamal Mayers
+ Curtis Joseph
+ Jonas Frogren
+ Nikolai Kulemin?
+ Jeremy Williams?
+ John Mitchell?
+ Robbie Earl?
+ Staffan Kronwall?
+ Vorobiev?
+ Schenn?
_______________________
2008-09 Toronto Maple Leafs

(I'll keep updating this with further developments)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger MF37 said…

    First - nice to have you back posting.

    Second - I'm totally on the fence with the moves the Leafs have made. One minute I'm thrilled, the next I'm scratching my head...I don't mind the additions, I just think the Leafs probably could have done a better job of asset management...

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said…

    MF37: asset management has never been our forte.

    and the discardage of Raycrap and Wozniewski are huge, just huge. Those guys were the worst, ever. So they're worth double in my books

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger mike said…

    First, thanks mf. I wasn't sure I would get the itch again.

    Second, it feels like not much has changed in the way of the team's use of assets. A third(08) for Mayers, and a fifth(08) and second(09) for Grabovski. I really don't like the second rounder next year.

    And why is it that other teams can trade their unwanted assets rather than having to buy out players? Wellwood could've been traded for a pick. Same with Raycroft.

    It just goes to show that the team still isn't being run in a first class, elite manner.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Peter Lynn said…

    You can cross John Pohl off the list too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home