Raking Leafs

Mixing metaphors and casting cliches about hockey and the Maple Leafs for the ether's pleasure since MCMLXVII.

6/26/2007

RFA not tendered QOs?

Is this a new trend in the cap world we didn't see coming? According to the Mirtle, Michel 'streaky scorer' Ouellet did not recieve a QO from the Pensguin, and neither will Kurtis Foster, and both moves are puzzling.

Ouellet has hands, that's for sure. Perhaps the speed of the NHL game leaves him uncomfortable. Or maybe he just isn't dedicating himself to learning the other side of the puck. Who knows, but he should end up somewhere. Maybe Phoenix, which is my default speculation destination.

As for Foster, I don't get it at all. 6'5", 220lbs, a canon of a shot, and only 25 years old. He is approaching the ripening age for defensemen. Some team should give him a chance. I'd like to seem him in blue and white, but that probably won't happen.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello

    Are you interesting in exchanging link between our sports blogs?

    This will help you to increase your link popularity.

    Our Details:
    Title: Hockey Blog - Hockey News
    Blog URL: http://www.nhlhockeyblog.com

    Send me your links details

    Write me back please

    Regards

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Foster? sure he's a player, but, say it with me: WE HAVE ENOUGH DEFENCEMEN.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger mike said…

    Don't I know it? But all I'm saying is that I would sub out one of stable for Foster. Harrison is the first candidate. Woziewski is a close second.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger PPP said…

    No, Woz first, Harrison second. I know his brother and I hold out hope that he can get me tickets to the Stanley Cup finals.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Captain said…

    T.O. Sports Magazine looking for contributors...get in touch with Monte
    monte@dazkoo.com

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Bethany said…

    Foster is amazing...I watched him play in the minors for a bit...and he adds grit and is a great guy to have on the team...I hope someone gets him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home