Raking Leafs

Mixing metaphors and casting cliches about hockey and the Maple Leafs for the ether's pleasure since MCMLXVII.

1/11/2008

Hatstory

Eric Duhatschek writes a stellar piece about trade deadline deals, GMs, and Sundin and what the Leafs should do. Claiming Dominic Moore isn't the answer, btw.

JFJ has been quoted as ruling out a re-build, though the justification was never made clear. Of course, the fans not standing for it is hogwash, so I'm left to assume MLSE dismisses that option.

I hope Sundin will appreciate this opportunity to win a Cup somewhere else, and return the Leafs to mentor a rebuilding squad. Any team that trades for Sundin would have a legitimate shot at the Cup. A full supporting cast with stars already in place would receive the best cameo ever. Imagine Sundin on the second line, or first line wing. Or even third line. I guarantee he'd outscore the other team's third line, which can be the difference in a seven game series.

Mats, you should take this chance. You deserve it. I hope you come back, but I understand if you don't.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not that it will actually accomplish anything, but you may be interested in my petition to fire Richard Peddie:

    http://www.dennis.ca/weblog/2008/01/13/fire-richard-peddie-now/

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Fake Peddie said…

    Whoa, lets not overreact here. Firing me won't do anything (for me). Why don't we fire everyone else? That JFJ was a mistake. Good thing it wasn't my mistake. Anyways, just let me keep doing what I'm doing (fleecing leaf fans, making millions for MLSE) and you just keep buying the merchandise. We all have our part.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why does everyone think so highly of Sundin? 25 goals doesn't even get him into the elite of the league and as for his defencive work, WHAT DEFENCIVE WORK, he is a chery picking DF'er

     

Post a Comment

<< Home