Raking Leafs

Mixing metaphors and casting cliches about hockey and the Maple Leafs for the ether's pleasure since MCMLXVII.

11/21/2007

Thanks Be To Orr

NYR vs TB 11/21/07StatsScore Sheet

Rangers Lines
Drury-Dubinsky-Jagr
Avery-Gomez-Shanahan
Hossa-Moore-Prucha
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Rangers Pairs
Tyutin-Girardi
Staal-Mara
Strudwick-Baranka

Lundqvist

Only a quick recap tonight, as we are on the eve of the World’s greatest holiday and I have to practice eating tons of food in preparation.

Generally speaking, it was a solid road effort from the Rangers. And they got another goal from defenseman. I don’t know what’s going on with the defensive corps and their offensive touch of late, but I like it. They’re sure making up for Jagr’s lack of touch over the last couple of weeks.

It was the first NHL game for Ivan Baranka and Greg Moore. Neither was great, neither was terrible and both were responsible in the defensive zone. That’s the way to start.

Lundqvist was Lundqvist. I give thanks for Lundqvist. The only puck that got by him was deflected close-in and came with less than twenty seconds remaining in the game. It was a shame. He deserved the shut out.

Colton Orr scored.


Seriously, Colton Orr scored. It was hardly a sniper-shot, but it counts just the same on the scoreboard. Plus, it allowed me to breathe easier during the last half of the 3rd period.

Blair Betts is a super penalty killer. Just awesome.

Drury’s snakebit, but he makes up for it everywhere else on the ice.

Happy Turkey Day.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger mike said…

    I don't know about deserving a shut out. Shanahan closed his hand on the puck on/behind the goal line. I'm not sure what the correct call is on that, but its either a goal or a penalty.

    With the goal that counted, I'm thinking both teams deserved a point.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger JP McGovern said…

    You know, I forgot about that when I was rushing through the recap. I believe that should be a penalty or a penalty shot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home