Raking Leafs

Mixing metaphors and casting cliches about hockey and the Maple Leafs for the ether's pleasure since MCMLXVII.

3/08/2007

Galvanize

I don't really care if he calls me. I don't care (if I hear from him). He doesn't respect me and I don't respect him.

Harsh words from a seemingly gentle soul. Tugs on those heart strings alittle, eh?

Tomas also seems very optimistic in assessing his chances to return to the line up. Which is nice and all, but the last thing Kaberle or the Leafs need is for him to come back too soon and suffer a long term set-back. But don't tell that to him.

I want to be on the ice as a soon as possible. I plan to play this year for sure.
And it is rubbing off. Wellwood, originally slated to return in about two weeks time, then moved up to next Tuesday is now talking about a Saturday night return to the line up. With Pavel 'no time for pain' Kubina coming back while his finger is still mangled, and Tucker's surprise return, either the training staff has their hands on some top notch HGH or Cam Janssen's hit has galvanized this team's resolve.

I think, er more like hope, we'll see what the team is really made of tonight.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger mike said…

    Well, that was fun, huh? Can't wait until Saturday to do it all over again.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger PPP said…

    Ok, THAT was the performance we expected on Thursday.

    The ACC was rocking during the comeback.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Where was Kubina's star Saturday night?

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger mike said…

    I figured they'd pull it together on the road, but its better that it happened at home. I'm glad the players spoke up about the crowd helping them out. If the home record can be turned around, the team will definitely make it in.

    Agreed. Pavel saved the open-netter, took ridiculous punishment from Neil without retaliating or getting intimidated, layed the body, helped set up the winner, and something else I'm forgetting at the moment. He was a beast.

    And did anyone notice Wellwood's stick seemed longer than it did earlier in the year. After you stop snickering, seriously go back and look at some highlights. I think he has opted for a slightly longer implement to give him a bit more radius for puck control.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger PPP said…

    Having been in the crowd Saturday night I was glad to see Antro's appreciation for the support.

    That empty net was in slow motion for me. I could see the screw up building and almost couldn't believe that Kubina made the save.

    Wellwood looked GOOD. And Tucker was Tucker. Things don't get any easier over the next two weeks. And Peca is skating. Hopefully it's not too little too late again.

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Sushi Recipes said…

    Greaat blog you have here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home